Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Black and White Post Reading #2 (October)


"When you keep a cover on your feelings for so long and they finally break free, it's hard to put them on hold again."

            This is a quote from Black and White. I have actually used this quote but in my own words. There are a million different ways to put this. Don’t hold in your feeling or they’ll one day explode out of you. I have held in my feelings to long before and then one day I just exploded. There is also a girl I know that rarely ever let’s her feelings out. Any time she looks upset I try to ask her what is wrong. I have even seen her cry and I try to help her but she will just try to isolate herself. I really wish she wouldn’t do that but I can’t help it. I also know that if she doesn’t open up to more people, that one more thing will happen to her then she will let everything out and it will actually be a mess of a situation. So everyday, I always try to talk to her just to make sure she is okay.
            There can also be a reference to the actual book Black and White. Like when Marcus and Eddie accidentally shot the man in the parking lot, they had to keep it a secret for so long, even from the police. Although I do not condone lying to anyone with proper authority. They were going to go to jail otherwise, though I would not have lied because I know what lying can do to a person. But they lied and you have to think that if you shot somebody and you lied to the police about it, you would feel a lot of guilt. Plus if you were in Eddie’s position, then your best friend that was at the robbery was the one that got arrested even though he was not the one to shoot the gun. That would put even more guilt on you because your best friend got arrested even though you were the one to commit the crime. Yes he/she (in the book, it’s a he) did try to rob the man but they never had pulled the trigger to that gun.
            This quote taught me to express my feelings. Any time I had a bad day, I might just go to my room and yell. I am not joking; yelling will make you feel so relaxed. This is a quote I might give to my kids in the future if I have any because I wouldn’t want them to one day just have a meltdown towards me or their friends. I will also try to make sure no one else I know has a meltdown at least if I can. Because based on experiences, meltdowns can lead to depression. I would know. I don’t want any of my friends to get depressed in the future like I have in the past. So I always try to help anyone that I possibly can.

1 comment:

  1. You have wonderful connections to real life, but need more detail in connection to the novel. While the details you included are correct, they do not necessarily connect with the quote. Think about Marcus's relationship with Rose, or Eddie's father's emotions. Grade: 25/50

    ReplyDelete